Form a California LLC
Form a California LLC for $75.00 plus State Fees
Our LLC package includes:
As local business filings experts with two decades of experience, we have the entire process streamlined and can help you form a California LLC immediately. We ensure that you have what you need to maintain your LLC and establish a professional business presence online with a domain and website. And if you need a registered agent, we offer those services for only $50 per year.
Start an LLC in California
Starting an LLC in California takes a few simple steps:
- Name your California LLC. This name should be unique and end with an approved variation of “LLC.” You also cannot use an LLC name that misleads the public (e.g., adding “lawyer” or “doctor” to your business name when your business is not involved with either occupation).
- Appoint a Registered Agent. Your registered agent (or “agent for service of process” as they’re called in California) must maintain a physical address in California and be available to accept and forward legal mail on your behalf during regular business hours.
- Submit Your Articles of Organization. You’ll provide basic information such as your LLC name and business address, along with paying state fees. Remember that this information is public, which is why it’s crucial to hire a registered agent who can list their information and business address, not yours.
- File Your Beneficial Ownership Information (BOI) Report. Beginning January 1, 2024, most companies that do business in the US are required to submit a BOI to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). The BOI report asks for company information and information about “beneficial owners” (those who either substantially control of benefit from the company) and company applicants. If you started your company in 2024 or after, you have 30 days to file your BOI report (FinCEN has extended that deadline to up to 90 days after formation, but this only applies to companies formed in 2024; by 2025, the submission window returns to 30 days after formation). Companies formed prior to 2024 have until the end of 2024 to file and don’t need to provide company applicant information. This online filing is free of charge, and the information you submit is not available to the general public.
- File initial Statement of Information. After registering your LLC, you have 90 days to file your initial statement of information. The filing fee is $20, and you will need basic information about your business such as your LLC name and your 12-digit SOS filing number.
After that, you’ll maintain your California LLC by obtaining an EIN, opening a California business bank account, paying your annual franchise tax, and submitting your biennial statement of information.
If you want to skip all the above paperwork and have local filing specialists start your LLC, hire us today. You can have us form your LLC for a one-time fee of $75 plus state fees. On top of that, we’ll give you everything else you need to set up your LLC in California, including a domain name of your choosing, a pre-built website, SSL certificate, an email that matches your domain, and phone service. All of this will help you craft a professional image and get the word out about your business.
And if you need more, our local agents have got you covered. Filing your BOI report seem like a pain? We can take care of that—just add BOI Report Filing for an additional $9. Need more business services? We offer even more inside our clients’ accounts, including a California Virtual Office for just $19 / month and DBAs under our “Trade Name Service” for $125 plus state fees.
You can hire us just to create your LLC and serve as your registered agent. We’ll take care of everything. But we can also handle your federal filings or even be your one-stop shop for your entire business identity, if you choose to go that route today or down the line. At California Corporate Agents, Inc, we take pride in providing you everything you need at a low cost.
Benefits to Forming an LLC in California
You can benefit from forming a California LLC, even if you are a big business. It may be a surprise to learn that many LLCs are small. In fact, the benefits of forming an LLC outweigh the benefits of being a sole proprietorship. Opting to file as an LLC is cost and time efficient.
The main benefits of forming a California LLC are as follows:
- Your business debt risk is lowered. If you run a general partnership or sole proprietorship, you could be held personally responsible for any debts the business accumulates. Unfortunately, this means that your personal property (such as your home or car) could be seized by creditors to satisfy any business-related debts. But, when you form an LLC, your personal property will be much safer because the state views your business as a separate entity from you, the business owner. In other words, your personal obligation for company debt greatly decreases and prevents creditors from coming after your personal assets.
- Savings on taxes. Your tax advisor or personal accountant can inform you regarding tax benefits for LLCs. However, by default, your LLC will be taxed as a pass-through entity—which means the business itself does not need to file taxes. Instead, the owners will report their share of the profits on their personal tax returns. As a result, LLCs are not subject to double-taxation, unlike traditional corporations.
- Greater credibility. When establishing a new business venture, credibility is an issue of important with potential partners, staff, clients, and suppliers. An LLC is registered with the state and underscores the legitimacy of your company.
- Creating funds for business. LLCs have more credibility with banks; otherwise, it can be more difficult to secure capital. As an LLC, you will gain credibility with bank managers and clients who will be more favorably impressed with your business.
- Retirement plans. For LLCs, retirement plans are activated much more easily as compared to general partnerships. Retirement funds are also easily within the reach of LLCs.
At the end of the day, if you are serious about getting into the business world, securing an LLC is a pivotal step in beginning to establish a business identity and protecting yourself personally. Hire CCA today and we make sure this is not just some expense—you are gaining a valuable asset for making sure business runs smoothly and in compliance with the state.