If you are considering starting a business as a corporation or LLC, one of the first formalities
with which you will need to comply with is choosing a registered agent.
When you incorporate a business or register an existing company to
transact business in other states, you’re required to obtain a registered agent in your state of qualification or incorporation.
A registered agent is a person or company that is in charge of receiving any important legal and tax documents on behalf of a business, including important mail from the state such as annual reports or statements, tax documents mailed from the state’s
department of taxation, and Service of Process -- also referred to as the Notice of Litigation, which initiates a lawsuit.
Our California Registered Agent Service Includes:
- Forwarding Legal Service of Process: We keep our office open during normal business hours to satisfy the requirements of the state. In the event that process is served upon your corporation at our office, we will email a copy of the
service to you within 24 hours and forward the original via registered or certified mail.
- Mail Forwarding: The address of a business’s registered office will usually receive all the legal paperwork that is associated with the particular business. This would include any documentation and any correspondence from the California
Secretary of State, California Franchise Tax Board, or IRS. We will forward all government mail as part of the service.
- Online Document Storage: For growing businesses, there is a lot of paperwork to keep track of, such as business minutes, reports to the state, Articles of Incorporation/Organization, and Bylaws or Operating Agreements. CCA keeps and files copies of all important documents, should they be needed in the future. All documents including service of process, are
scanned and uploaded into a secure server which can be accessed online through a secure login.
Business owners are responsible for a large amount of corporate compliance filings.
Our CorpWatch compliance helps you stay in compliance with state filing requirements
saving you time and money. Our proprietary service monitors all
of your entities in your client portal and notifies you of
your annual report requirements based on your entity type, formation date,
and fiscal year.
Critical filing dates are pre-populated in our database with each entity order, you
can also manually add additional entities to manage. CorpWatch allows you
to mark events complete as well as review historical events.
You can stop worrying about deadlines and stop paying for unnecessary penalties.
Why do you need a professional registered agent?
Can your business benefit from the services provided by CCA? CCA’s Registered Agent Service is able to fully
satisfy all the demands that the State puts on you and your business, allowing you to focus on running your
business. Hiring our company as your registered agent is imperative if--
- Your company uses a Post Office Box as your business address. You are not legally allowed to act as the registered
agent for your business if you are using only a private mailbox or post office box as your address.
- Your company works from a mobile office. If you don’t possess a permanent work site or if your business requires you
to move around, CCA will ensure that all your important documents reach you and your business wherever you may be.
- Your company doesn't have normal business hours. This is important because a registered agent must be available
during regular business hours in order to accept important documents when they are delivered. CCA, as your professional
registered agent service provider, will make sure that you won’t miss any important notices.
- Your company is incorporated in a state where you do not possess a physical location. Your business is legally
required to have a registered agent with a physical address in the state that your business was incorporated.
If you have CCA representing your business as your professional registered agent, this requirement is automatically
- You work from a home office. Since the address of a registered agent is a matter of public record, anyone, including
marketers, can easily access it. Thus, most registered agents will receive your junk mail. You don’t have to be bothered
with a lot of unsolicited mailings when you enjoy CCA as your registered agent.
- You change your addresses frequently. You are required to keep your registered agent address up-to-date with the state;
changing your address requires a formal state filing and most likely a state fee.
- You have concerns regarding privacy. The local law enforcement usually is in charge of delivering a Service of Process
to your business. It’s not ideal to have law enforcement show up at your home or business. You can avoid this embarrassing
situation if you have CCA who will ensure that you receive any Service of Process discreetly.
For over 15 years, CCA has been helping business owners promptly receive any service of process and stay in good standing